Popular Articles, Trade Press, Media Advisories, Newsletters
- EETD News. 2007. "Energy-Efficient Direct Current Powering Technology," Fall [Download]
- Wall Street Journal. 2006. "Data Centers Go Solar," May 11 [Download]
- Computer World. 2006. "Plugging into DC," April 3. [Download]
- eWeek. 2006. "Can DC Power Cut Data Center Costs," March 27. [Download]
- Energy & Power Magazine. 2005. "Group Studies DC Power in Data Centers," November 21.
- Tschudi, W., E. Mills, Tengfang Xu, and P. Rumsey. March 2006 "Measuring and Managing Data-Center Energy Use," HPAC Engineering. [Download]
- e-News. "LBNL Research on Data Center Efficiency," June 20, 2005, Issue 47. [Download]
- Scientific American. "Power-Thrifty PCs," June, p. 31. [Download]
- Ton, M., B. Fortenbery, and W. Tschudi. 2007. "DC Power for Improved Data Center Efficiency," Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Report.
- LBNL Best Practices Guide: DC Powering of Data Centers [forthcoming]
- Hewlett Packard. 2005. "HP BladeSystem p-Class Power Solutions: Technology Brief." [Download]
- Gross, P. and K. L. Godrich. No date. "Total DC Integrated Data Centers." [Download]
- Aakerlund, J. No date. "DC Powering of Internet certifies for telephony," Uninteruptible Power Networks, Sweden. [Download]
- Humphreys, J. and J. Yang. 2004. "Server Innovations: Examining DC Power as an Alternative for Increasing Data Center Efficiency and Reliability," IDC for Rackable Systems. [Download]
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute. 2003. "Environmental Engineering (EE); Power Supply Interface at the Input to Telecommunications Equipment; Part 3: Operated by Rectified Current Source, Alternating Current Source or Direct Current Source up to 400 V," ETSI EN 300 132-3 V1.2.1 (2003-08). [Download]
- Greenberg, S., E. Mills, B. Tschudi, P. Rumsey, and B. Myatt. 2006. "Best Practices for Data Centers: Results from Benchmarking 22 Data Centers." Proceedings of the 2006 ACEEE Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings.
- ASHRAE. "Design Considerations for Data and Communications Equipment Centers," American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Technical Committee 9.9. (Chapter 13 deals directly with energy efficiency).
- Ecos Consulting and EPRI Solutions. 2005. "High Performance Buildings: Data Centers — Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)." [Download]
- Ecos Consulting and EPRI Solutions. 2005. "High-Performance Buildings: Data Centers — Server Power Supplies." [Download]
- Koomey, G.K., O. Sezgen, and R. Steinmetz. 2005. "Estimating Total Power Used by Data Centers in California." [Download]
- Technical Subgroup on Telecommunications Energy Systems of the Power Electronics Society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. 1998. "Powering the Internet." [Download]
- Simmons, L. 2008. "Peer Review of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) Study on Direct Current in the Data Center" [Download]
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group Session. 2007. "Data Center Power Distribution," W.Tschudi [Download]
- Data Centers Stakeholder Meeting, July 12, 2007 - Full Notes
- Savage, P. 2006. "Direct Coupling Solar PV Into Building Loads," P. Savage, CEO, Nextek Power Systems, Inc. [Download]
- Tschudi, W. and D. Sartor. 2005. "High-Performance High-Tech Buildings Project Laboratories, Cleanrooms, and Data Centers," DC Powering of IT Equipment Demonstration meeting, Pentadyne, Chatsworth, CA. [Download]
- Persson, G. and D. Geary. 2005. DC Plugs and Socket-outlets: Swedish draft proposal. [Download]
- Baldwin, M. 2005. "High Reliability DC Power Distribution Systems (HRDCPDS) for Critical Power Environments (DC-UPS)," Baldwin Technologies, Inc. [Download]
- Pentadyne. 2005. "DC Power for Data Centers — Stakeholders Meeting," Powering of IT Equipment Demonstration meeting, Pentadyne, Chatsworth, CA. [Download]
- Bushue, Mike. 2006. "High-Voltage DC Distribution for Energy Star," Sun Microsystems/SSG.